Time required: 30 mins max
- 100 gr of vegan butter
- 180 gr of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of powdered sugar (optional)
- 380 ml of plant-based milk (we used oat milk)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp of Beetroot Powder (or any other powder of choice)
Plant-based whipped cream
- Melt the butter.
- In a bowl place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk, vanilla extract and mix.
- Add in the melted butter and mix again.
- To make a pink batch of waffles, divide the batter into two parts and add the beetroot powder to the one part - mix until combined.
- Cook waffles in the waffle maker.
- Serve with plant-based whipped cream and blueberries, drizzle with maple syrup (You can also mash the blueberries and mix with whipped cream).